Stairs, Ponte Vecchio and smiles



October 1st  of  2012, 

Place: in my room in Via Maggio, Firenze
Hour: 11.03 p.m. (Italian hour)

I feel good. Sono stanca. I’ve always liked saying that in italian, it sounds better than in portuguese.

The stairs seem to be a frequent obstacle in this town. I live in a 4th  floor  in a building without a lift. The institute it’s in the top of the building, but luckily it has a lift, even though it’s an Italian one, which means that it’s small, has a main door and then another two smaller and noisy doors.

I’ve done an Italian grammar test, today. I saw Ponte Vecchio for the first time, today. It’s really a special place.  I didn’t want to believe that I was finally there. I’ve had already seen photos of the bridge and read about the place, but even so, it surprised me.

I went shopping in Florence, for the first time. I spent more or less 27 euros. I bought almost everything that I wanted. Carrying the shopping bags was more complicated. Luckily, my new friends and roommates helped me and together we beat the infinite stairs of our apartment. Funny how stairs can be infinite in so many ways…

In this apartment I feel that I actualy live in this planet. In here we are five girls, all from different continents, countries; we all speak different languages and have different cultures. However, in  the blink of an eye we find some things in common. We all smile, we all are in this adventure. This is my reality now.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário